CRASH SCENE INVESTIGATION: 2
Training and Mobility Solutions SA offers specialized courses starting at basic crash investigation and culminating in various other courses.
Crash Investigation 2, based on J. Stannard Baker’s textbook Traffic Crash Investigation, emphasizes vehicle behaviour in crashes, vehicle damage analysis and more advanced mapping and evidence location skills.
Crash Investigation 2 builds upon topics examined in Crash Investigation 1 and provides the student/investigator with greater knowledge of the information available at the crash scene and how to properly collect and initiate interpretation of that information.
The course also provides instruction in the use of laser-based measurement devices to measure crash scenes and the evidence found there. Laser Technology, Inc. units are used for these demonstrations. Downloading the electronic information into mapping programs is also covered.
- Vehicle damage analysis – description, reporting and determination of direction of forces
- Vehicle behaviour in crashes
- Results of the crash on the road – identifying and interpreting tire marks and road scars
- Lamp filament analysis – determining whether headlamps, tail lights and turn signals were on or off at moment of impact
- Tire damage analysis – role of tire failure
- Measurement methods – perspective grid, photogrammetry, measurement techniques, diagram drawing and systematic methods for organizing and illustrating data
- Interpretation of data – use of all information obtained through investigation
- Specialized data gathering – measuring devices and other testing
- Laser-based measurement and use of mapping software
Who Should Attend:
Students who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate internationally accredited by Northwestern University, USA.